Zurich, Switzerland (or Remote) • Engineering • Full Time
The whole team is responsible for making sure the piplanning app is safe and secure. We are looking for an Operations / Security Engineer who thrives on working with our engineers to secure our product across the entire product development lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include operating and scaling our infrastructure, performing threat models, reviewing new features and architectural designs, and finding ways to empower the whole engineering team to build and run secure software by default. You must have a strong ability to work with colleagues to understand our product and then come up with ways to apply practices to improve existing security infrastructure.
The ability to read and write code is very important. Our product is built using a number of different languages, Python and Vue.js being the most important. Additionally you will monitor, scale and improve our software-stack in production.
● Experience with building and running cloud-provider-based infrastructure
● Solid understanding of web application security
● Experience with microservice architectures
● Built-up Kubernetes clusters
● Automated Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery pipelines
● Solid understanding of Networking: IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, Proxy technologies
● Experience in cloud security architecture and infrastructure
● Infrastructure as Code
● Experience working with compliance, privacy, IT, networking or related functions
● An ability to prepare and reason about security decisions
● An ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively to all your team mates
● Willingness to take care of opposing priorities in a fast-paced environment
It's great, but not required, to have:
● Comprehensive knowledge about identity platforms, IDPaaS such as Auth0 / Okta, Authentication, Authorization and SAML
● Built GitOps infrastructure
● Programmed applications in Python
● An understanding of how to use metrics to guide technical decisions
● Experience with code-scanning and signing
● Familiarity with security systems (would be a huge bonus)
What you would do on a typical work day
● Write infrastructure as code and helm-files
● Find and implement ways to increase the network-security of our environments
● Enhance database encryption and backup procedures
● Automate the update procedure / hardening of VMs and the whole System in general
More about our benefits
Whenever and wherever you work, playing together at Rentouch is highly collaborative and fun! You work in a vibrant startup environment as part of a team with a diverse skill set. With your passion you shape the future of Rentouch and leave your mark on the product vision and strategy. Learn from our customers every day, translate their needs into features and help some of the largest organizations across the globe improve their planning success.
More about Rentouch
Creating digital collaboration software which provides a next level experience in online collaboration is why we’re here. From small companies to the largest ones you can imagine, our focus is on an immense variety of customers dealing with the same challenge: how to collaborate effectively across locations and time-zones. With the piplanning app, we help teams become more effective, aligned and focused. Providing seamless collaboration capabilities is what pushes us every day.
We’re looking for people who want to shape our future with the support of like-minded team mates, all motivated by a common goal: eliminating the barriers in distributed team collaboration.